Upgrade Program for EMM Labs & Meitner
Announced by high end manufacturer EMM Labs / Meitner at the recent Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas is a 'V2' of the highly popular MA-1 and DAC2X DACs.
Using technology developed in our flagship DA2, EMM Labs and Meitner Audio has once again updated both our multi-award winning DACs the Meitner Audio MA-1 DAC and EMM Labs DAC2X. The updates provide a huge improvement in transparency, accuracy and overall sound quality.
The V2 versions of these DACs is said to include:
- MDAC™ in both platforms are now fully discrete DSD512/8xDSD D/A converters completely built in-house at our manufacturing facility in Canada
- Our multi-award winning MDAT2™ DSP has also been refined and updated to synergistically work with the new 8xDSD MDAC™. The new MDAT2™ DSP does real-time transient detection, processing and up-conversion of all incoming audio, PCM and DSD, before sending it to the new MDAC™
- Our DSD audio signal path has been re-designed allowing for further enhancements in transparency during the DSD to Analog conversion process
- Proprietary hardware galvanic isolation for the USB Audio interface
- Support for DSD128/2xDSD and DXD streaming via USB Audio
- Support for DSD (DoP) streaming via TOSLINK, SPDIF and AES
The good news for existing MA-1 or DAC2X owners is that V1 versions can be updated for a fraction of the cost of a new DAC. Either DAC can be upgraded for $2600 AUD via the Australian distributor.
Warwick Freemantle of Pure Music Group, the Australian distributor of EMM Labs / Meitner, added:
The V2 unit's performance is immediately noticeable and not subtle. It’s quite a big jump in performance from the standard MA-1 and DAC2X to the V2 version.
EMM Labs / Meitner MA-1 and DAC2X are available now via Specialist Dealers.
StereoNET's Founder & Publisher and still buried deep in the review room auditioning everything from docks to soundbars, amplifiers to headphones. Marc also founded Melbourne's International HiFi Show.
MORE ON STEREONET
You have to hand it to NAD, they haven't sat around reminiscing of the glory days of HiFi. The days where the...
At 50 cents an hour of playtime, can this affordable Japanese cartridge from Hana be a worthy addition to an...
The AVID HiFi Ingenium is quite simply the little turntable that could. The entry level from the U.K...
From Finland to Australia and recording studios around the world, Amphion is now available locally thanks to...
While the music consumption and distribution model has changed significantly over the last half-decade, one...